Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Recipe for Kellie


Today I got a little comment/request from Kellie at HotMamaCoolCop for this recipe.  So without further ado:



My Chinese Chicken Salad


1 -2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped

4 stalks celery sliced thin (cuisenart)
4 green onions sliced (green part only)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
1/2 (12 oz.) package wontons sliced into strips and fried golden brown (350 F. in deep fryer)

In a bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, onions, sesame seeds, and celery.
Just before serving, toss with desired amount of Polynesian Salad Dressing and top with fried wonton strips.
Can also add a can of mandarin oranges, drained well.

Polynesian Salad Dressing
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil

I have found that Brianna's Ginger Mandarin Dressing contains these same ingredients (plus a few more) and tastes great (this can be hard to find though).  If you can't find the Brianna's look for Girards Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing (in a triangle bottle).  It's a little time saver, especially if you do go to the effort of deep frying your own won tons.

You can also cheat and buy Fresh Express fried wontons (I found them at Reams and Fresh Market)  Home made wontons do taste BEST, but they're a lot of work and mess, so I usually go the packaged route.

ENJOY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaay!!! Yaaaaay!!!! You totally MADE MY DAY!!
    Thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete